Earn Your Private Pilot’s License
Fly When You Want and Make Your Dreams Come True
The team at the International Pilot Academy know firsthand the passion and drive that makes a pilot a pilot. If you always marvel as planes fly overhead, and you’ve been dreaming of flying and spend your spare time reading up on planes and aircraft, then you’ve likely already considered taking a step towards making your dreams a reality. At International Pilot Academy, reach your goals by earning your Private Pilot’s License!
Learn to Fly at
International Pilot Academy
If you’re ready to make your dream a reality, then your Private Pilot’s License is the perfect place to start. The Private Pilot’s License (PPL) is an excellent foundation and starting point for all pilot education, and is the first step in your flying career. A PPL allows you to fly when you want to fly.
Are you ready to earn your Private Pilot’s License? Prospective candidates must:
- Be at least 17 years of age;
- Possess a valid Category III Medical from a Transport Canada-authorized medical examiner;
- Complete a minimum of 40 hours of ground school;
- Pass a written Transport Canada exam and flight test; and
- Obtain 45 hours of flight time, including:
- 17 hours of dual flight time, 3 of which must be cross-country and 5 of which must be instrument;
- A minimum of 12 hours of solo flight time, including 5 hours of cross-country.