International Student Registration
Registration Procedure for International Students (born outside Canada)
For international students, college-recognized training becomes a gateway to studying in Canada, since to obtain a study permit, Canadian law requires these students to be enrolled in a Government of Canada Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
Steps you need to take with International Pilot Academy
1. Contact International Pilot Academy’s Admissions Officer for questions related to the training offered and the flight school.
Toll free: 1-844-422-6359
2. Complete International Pilot Academy’s registration form.Registration Form
Steps you need to take with the federal (Canada) and provincial (Quebec) governments
3. Obtain a Quebec Acceptance Certificate for Studies (CAQ) – 1 month Processing Time
The Quebec Acceptance Certificate for Studies (CAQ) is a prerequisite to applying for a study permit.Applying for a CAQ
4. Obtain a study permit (Immigration and Citizenship Canada) – 2 to 4 months Processing Time
A study permit is required to enroll in the Private and Commercial Flight Training.Applying for a Study Permit
5. Purchase personal health insurance for the duration of your studies in Canada
In addition, you must receive a Category 1 medical certificate following a medical examination by a civil aviation medical examiner.List of Medical Examiners—Civil Aviation—Transport Canada